Data Analyst Position
Job Type: Full-time - BenefitScape
BenefitScape is a firm solely focused on Affordable Care Act (ACA) Reporting and Compliance services. We offer IRS ACA Compliance services to businesses, municipalities, institutions, and organizations all across the US. This includes variable hours tracking and generating the IRS-specific codes for Form 1095 creation, printing and distributing 1095 Forms, and electronic Transmittal of Information Returns to the IRS.
As a data analyst, you will be responsible for collection and aggregation of employee benefits data as it relates to the Affordable Care Act.
You will utilize industry standard computer skills, data transformation tools, and other data management applications to create, configure, maintain, and enhance client data.
Ideal candidates will possess hands-on experience with Healthcare industry data and systems, familiarity with common issues and concerns around data transformation, be willing to quickly learn new tools and techniques, and be able to work in a fast-paced environment with team members dedicated to ensuring the highest level of quality in solution delivery.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Acquiring, validating, standardizing, and warehousing incoming client data in all forms and frequencies, from employee demographic and benefits enrollment data.
- Creating and maintaining the environment and processes that govern this data.
- Facilitating in-depth data discussions with clients and data vendors, as well as internal customers.
- Partnering with internal and external customer teams to ensure the continuity and consistency of our client deliverables.
- Analyzing and critically thinking about data issues, then developing and executing a plan to resolve them.
- Review and contribute to documentation knowledge base.
- Maintaining knowledge of the latest industry tools and best practices.
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience in a computer science and/or data engineering discipline. An equivalent degree in mathematics, statistics, or a Healthcare data-related discipline with demonstrated programming experience is also acceptable.
- 1+ years of hands-on experience within a Healthcare industry setting, including such responsibilities as:
- Data requirements gathering
- Process documentation
- Data acquisition and validation techniques
- Data staging
- Data preservation, integrity, traceability, and transparency.
- Fluency in database or data analysis language is strongly preferred; fluency in another programming language with demonstrated competency in programming concepts is acceptable.
- Demonstrated ability to self-direct, work, and lead with minimal supervision
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and other MS Office products.
- Experience working with large data sets.
- Experience working with Healthcare data in all forms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent team collaboration skills.
- Ability to accurately determine data quality and define best practices as it relates to Employment and Healthcare data.
- Familiarity with data transfer methods (e.g. FTP, SFTP, FTPS) and Encryption methods (e.g. PGP, GPG. ASC).
- Creative problem solving.
BenefitScape celebrates, respects, and supports diversity in the workplace. BenefitScape is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to considering all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
34 Main St 2nd Floor, Natick, MA 01760
Due to the volume of candidates, only those requested to interview will be contacted.